It is a wonder with the busy lifestyles we have that we have lost time with our families. It is time we take back what has been taken from us. It is time to spend time with our families, even if we have to schedule it into our busy lives.
Make a Calendar
What is more important in life than our families? Only God is. Everything else takes a second position to these two. We must take back our family time. If it means that we need to create a calendar, then we must.
· A calendar can be created, or it can be purchased.
· Pencil in the activities we are committed to, like work, exercise, church, devotions, etc, and then fill in the gaps with family time.
· Get an agreement from all members of the family.
· Set up a schedule
Once the family is in agreement, and you have set up a schedule, then choose what activities you are going to do together as a family. It doesn’t have to be expensive outings, just time together to talk to each other and converse about your daily lives.
Some activities we can choose from are:
· Reading a book together, read the Bible, devotions, etc.
· Conversing about daily lives
· Playing games: like, board games, card games, and others.
· Go on a picnic
· Go to a park
Next and foremost, follow through with the commitment to the family. Ensure nothing gets in the way of family time.
· Remind the family of appointment
· Post the calendar
· Appoint persons to be in charge of organizing each different activity
· Have fun together
Ensure that all members agree upon all activities. Some may have to concede with the majority.
If needed set up a vote, or put activity suggestions in a bowl and pick from them. Whichever way is chosen, it should assist in deciding what activities the family will enjoy. If there are young children in the family, include them when choosing activities. Make sure that everyone has a voice and that his or her voice is heard. There is no need not exclude anyone.